Saturday 1 August 2009

From Catherine King

Hello from Catherine King! Why do I write? Well, I write because I love it and it's fun. I think I have always been a writer but I didn't know I was a novelist until recently, after I was offered a redundancy package from the day job. I decided to grasp the nettle and write a book set in South Yorkshire in the UK, the area I was born and brought up. The outcome was my first 'South Riding' romantic historical novel entitled WOMEN OF IRON, published by Sphere in 2006. SILK AND STEEL followed in 2007 and was shortisted for the Romantic Novelists' Association (RNA) Romantic Novel of the Year Award. That was great fun and I wrote a blog 'Killer Heels at the RNA' for the Sphere/Little,Brown newsletter.

The cover of my third title WITHOUT A MOTHER'S LOVE is featured on this blogspot. It came out in paperback last March and is available from WH Smiths in the UK, or from Amazon. All my books can be borrowed from UK lending libraries. I have just finished editing my next novel A MOTHER'S SACRIFICE, which is coming out in December; more of that in my next blog when I hope to be able to show you the cover. Meanwhile, I have some serious research to do for book five.

Kind regards to all
Catherine

3 comments:

  1. I have just finished reading my first book of yours. Without a mothers love and l was unable to put it down. I shall definitely reach for more of your books!

    Jean

    jeanhalliday@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have just read silk and steel everyone out there please read it it was wonderful you will realy feel a part of this era thank you cathrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just read Without a Mother's Love... i was hooked from start to finish.It is the first book i've read of yours and it certainly won't be the last,here's to the next one.What a wonderful gift you have.Thankyou Catherine.

    ReplyDelete